Tuesday 27 November 2012

Review: Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Hello! It's such a good feeling to have my own laptop and to be able to post again whenever I like! : )
So this post is overdue, back in October I posted a haul post here, which had lots of lovely things I've been dying to post about, so here is the first of them - Benefit's They're Real! Mascara.

They're Real!

They're Real! Has had so many amazing reviews, saying that it's amazing and one of the best mascaras out there, I however, have a completely different opinion to everyone else on this mascara it seems. The only thing I really like about this mascara is the tube, it's so pretty, I love the silver mirror like tube, it looks great but thats as good as it gets for me. 

They're Real! Wand



The wand on the mascara is pretty cool, and in theory I think it sounds great and like it would do a lot. It claims to catch lashes to curl, lengthen, volumise, lift and separate lashes, and also says it is a long wear smudge proof formula. This basically doesn't curl, volumise or lift my lashes. While it does lengthen and separate them, it takes the curl from my lashes after I have curled them with a curler and it also weighs them down rather than lifts them and I don't put a whole ton of mascara on, ever, so that isn't the reason. Yes the lengthening is great if you're looking for a lengthening mascara, but my lashes are quite long already what I was looking for was the curl, lift and volumising effects, and I couldn't see a hint of any of them anywhere! 

They're Real! Really is long wearing and smudge proof though, this stuff just doesn't want to come off when you try - you will still probably have traces of this on your lashes after removing it. It also doesn't seem to budge if you happen to cry when you're wearing it, unless you start rubbing your eyes like crazy if you've been crying it wont go anywhere. These are the only reasons why I'm continuing to use it, and also because I don't want to waste something so expensive.

Benefit's products are always a bit hit and miss, and for me, sadly They're Real! Is a huge miss, it's so sad because I really wanted to love this mascara, but I honestly get better results from Maybelline's One by One mascara that is half the price of They're Real! Which sells for around €25. I won't be repurchasing this again.

Would love to hear if any of you have had this mascara and found that it didnt do half of what it claimed to do, and also if you discovered a way to make it work better for you! : )

Until next time!

X o X






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey! This mascara may work for others but it just did nothing for me. I honestly think there are much better, cheaper alternatives out there.

      Thank you for following! Im following your blog now too :) X

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...