Thursday 20 December 2012

Review: Urban Decay Smoked Palette


Uh-ohs! I've completely fallen behind on blogging again, it's been a pretty stressful few weeks since I last posted and my life has taken over all of my time, but now things seem to be calming down long enough for me to get a few posts in. Hurrah! : )

A while back I bought Urban Decay's Smoked Palette. I really liked the look of the Smoked palette as I haven't really got any darker eyeshadow shades in my collection. Also, as you may have noticed i'm a sucker for UD's products especially their shadows. 




The Smoked Palette contains 10 eyeshadows: 



Kinky is a pale beige that has a matte finish. This shadow can be a little powdery but is still easy to work with. 




 Freestyle a matte peach shade. Has okay pigmentation, is also a little powdery. 




 Mushroom is a grey/taupe with a shimmer finish. This one comes off more grey on the lids, blends really well and has great colour payoff. 




 Back Door a deep, matte dark brown. Blends beautifully, dosent seem powdery like the other mattes in the palette.




 Black Out matte black. A really good true black shadow.Great pigmentation and no powdery feel.




 Barlust is a shimmery medium brown, has a butter like texture.




 Rockstar is a deep smokey shimmery purple. This is the colour that made me want to buy the palette and it didnt dissapoint. Really soft texture, blends beautifully, fantastic pigmentation. 




Evidence a navy blue shade with a shimmery almost metallic look to it. This shadow seemed a little less soft than the other shades somehow, but still had decent payoff.




  Loaded is a blackend emerald green. Easy to work with buttery soft texture.




 Asphalt is a grey shade with shimmer of another colour that I cant really place. This one like evidence seemed a little less soft than the other shadows, but still decent pigmentation here too.




You also get a full sized 24/7 glide one pencil in Perversion, which is the blackest black liner I have ever seen, even darker than UD's other black liner Zero, it's really incredible! 


Swatches L-R: Kinky,Freestyle,Mushroom,Backdoor,Blackout,Barlust,Rockstar,Evidence,Loaded and Asphalt


I like this palette, though I dont use it religiously every day, its great to have some great deep, dark shades for a little more ooomph every now and then. My favourite shades in the palette are Mushroom, Barlust, Rockstar and Loaded. Least favourite would be Evidence, but only because i'm not a fan of blue shadow. If you love smokey eyes id say this palette is a must for you, but for neutural lovers like myself you may not love this, even though it is a nice little palette.

Urban Decay's Smoked Palette is €40 at the UD counter in Debenhams, which is pretty much the usual price for an Urban Decay palette. 

Hope you're all keeping well, and I will be posting again very soon! : )

Toodles!

X o X


2 comments:

  1. I keep going back and forth on whether I should buy this palette. The colors are so pretty but I own a few of the shades already:)

    Sara xx Happily following your lovely blog
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the exact same before I bought it Sara. I think it's worth buying it if you want some darker shadow shades :)Xx

      Delete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...