Saturday 10 August 2013

NOTW #2: OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips And Catrice 3D Effect Sugar Beads

Wow it's been quite a while since I've posted!
 Things have been a little hectic lately to put it simply, so I haven't had time to post anything, but I have a little time today to put up a quick NOTD and to also draft a few more posts.
 It's so annoying wanting to post everyday and I'm always thinking about it when I'm not able to, so its so relieving to finally be getting time to sit with my computer and plan ahead, I've really been missing blogging!


I've really been into doing my nails lately, as I recently looked at my box of nail stuff and thought Oh my god! Why do you have so much nail varnish when you NEVER do anything with your nails? So I've been using my nail polishes more.
Today I was looking at them and thought they looked a little boring (I had them painted with OPI's Sparrow Me The Drama from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection) and wanted to do something a bit more fun.
So I dug into my nail varnish and nail art boxes and pulled out OPI's Kiss Me On My Tulips, from their Holland collection, a stunning hot pink shade.
I did two coats on each nail, leaving my middle nails bare until I was ready to paint them and roll my nail into Catrice's 3D Effect Sugar beads, which are a 
cheaper way of approaching Ciate's awesome but very expensive caviar manicures. 
I waited for the beads to set, then placed a top coat over the beads to make sure they'll hold. So basically what I've ended up with, even though it wasn't intentional, is a really pretty nail for flipping people off - if the need arises! 
I'm really liking these accent nail looks lately, and would love to get ideas for more so if you have any ideas leave a comment below, or even a link to a post you have as nails have never been my strong point but I'm really becoming obsessed with them!



6 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty. There are always much cheaper alternatives to replicating expensive looks - and this looks fab too!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! :)

      I fully agree, the Catrice sugar beads were 3.99 or there abouts compared to the 20 euro or more it costs for the dearer kits, it's so crazy! X

      Delete
  2. I love that nail look, it's like candy lol, The color is gorg too, followed you with GFC :D
    http://pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! I'll be sure to check your blog out too :) x

      Delete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...