Friday 20 September 2013

FOTD #2 : 5 Product Face

Recently I've been quite overwhelmed by the amount of make up I own. While I don't have a massive collection compared to other beauty bloggers, I really have a lot more than I even need. 
So I was looking at the products I own and thought of the idea for this post, which is if all my make up was taken away from me right now and I was only allowed to keep five essential items what would they be? 
So I've dug through my stash, picked out five stand out products for me and have decided to do a FOTD with them. 



I picked fairly basic items, I really thought if I was only allowed to use these 5 for the rest of my life, I'd be fairly happy. 
I choose Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, just because it's my favourite foundation EVER! My shade is the lightest shade 51.
 Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer because this stuff is seriously good, it's good for blemishes and also for the under eye area so that's both of those covered with one product. Again, my shade is the lightest, which is Fair.
My favourite mascara is Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes, I choose this because it's amazing, but also because even if I don't wear eyeshadow I always have to have mascara on or I feel odd. 
For my cheeks I choose Benefit's Rockateur, review here, I was torn between this and Sleek's Rose gold which you can see here. I ultimately choose Rockateur because not only is it a really beautiful blush, but it also doubles up as a really nice eye shadow, so it covers two bases with one product. If I had have chosen an eye shadow however, I would have choose Urban Decay's Sin, it's pretty much my go to eye shadow I use it on it's own a ton and also it's usually a base for a lot of eye looks that I do, such a pretty pinkish/rose gold shadow.
Obviously from this post it's very clear I'm all about the rose gold shades in everything!
For lips I chose No 7 High Shine Lip Gloss in Smile, just because on a day to day basis I keep my make up very natural and this is a perfect my lips but better kind of shade, it lasts well and isn't sticky.

Really Basic FOTD using the above products

So combined all these products just make a really basic look, probably as basic as you can get really, but if all my make up was taken away I'd prefer to look as natural as possible at all times and have all of my necessary base products to use rather than having more choice with eyes or lips.

So if you had to pick just 5 make up items to use for the rest of your life what would they be and why?

If you havent entered my giveaway yet you can check it out here, it's an international giveaway too so it's worth a look! :)


10 comments:

  1. I love healthy mix serum too, for everyday wear it's my favourite foundation. I'm down to the very bottom of the bottle, just hoping I can make it last til payday lol.

    Great idea for a post :)

    Lisa x
    http://uniqueornbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa :)

      I'm down to the end of my bottle too! I picked one up a 3 for 2 offer a few weeks ago so I wont run out, I feel lost when I don't have it! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's so amazing! It's one of those items that you just fall in love with immediatley, or it was for me anyways! :) x

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog and I love it! New follower here, I can't wait to read more of your posts xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :)

      I actually found your blog a few days back and started following you because I loved your blog too! :) x

      Delete
  4. Hey!
    Just stumbled upon your blog and must say really impressed!!

    No. 7 High shine Lip Gloss is my fave aswell :))

    Do check out my blog!
    http://sylviazoe.blogspot.ie/

    Kisses xo


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia! :)

      Ah good choice! I think the high shine lip glosses deserve more love than they get! x

      Delete
  5. Ah-- I'm seeing the rockateur blush by benefit everywhere! I might need to check it out the next time I'm in sephora :)

    love your blog! now following!

    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll fall in love with it when you see it it's just one of those that you love before you even use it!

      Thank you very much - for commenting and following! Hope to hear from you again :) x

      Delete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...