Wednesday 11 September 2013

NOTW #3: Barry M Lychee With Catrice Kitch Me If You Can

L-R: Barry M Lychee, Catrice Kitch Me If You Can

I found myself in Boots Monday morning, wanting to buy something nice for myself but nothing that would break the bank either, so I spotted Barry M's Lychee Gelly Hi shine polish, which my Boots has never carried before and I've wanted it so badly so I wasted no time making it mine, also helps that I bought it with my reward points too so technically I didn't buy it at all! Sweet! 
Lychee is a nude, creamy off white shade. It's almost like someone took a white and mixed a bit of beige in there too but its so pretty and a really flattering shade and its now my new favourite polish. It's nice to have a nude shade that's different from the usual light pink shades.
Also I was a bit naughty and saw this Catrice glittery varnish in another local chemist it was so pretty I had to have it, the shade is Kitch Me If You Can and was only €2.99. It looks more purple in the photo but its actually more of a rose gold type glitter in a clear base, so pretty.



Naturally enough I had to try these two out when I got home and couldn't decide which to try first so I just tried them together!
I used Lychee on each nail, I used two coats. This applied really weird with the first coat, it was streaky but a weird kind of streaky, it actually looked like the peel of an orange with all these little dimples appearing in it, but after a second coat it looked perfectly fine and is really opaque.
I then applied Kitch Me If You Can to my ring fingers only, for an accent nail. I was going to pack this on originally but I ended up liking the way it looked with the Lychee showing through.
I really like the combination of these two polishes together, also both are lasting pretty well. I painted them three days ago now and there's no signs of chipping yet.
What's on your nails this week?






4 comments:

  1. The nude colour is really nice. Especially good for when you need to look professional but you want a bit of colour.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never thought of that before, but you're totally right, it's ideal for when you want to look professional but not boring x

      Delete
  2. I love this nail combination, I would love to see the glitter polish packed onto the nail! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be packed on next time for sure! It's going to make it difficult to remove though! x

      Delete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...