Tuesday 24 December 2013

How I Spend Christmas Tag

First thing's first - Happy Christmas Eve!

So, while scrolling through my reading list today, I came across the "How I Spend Christmas Tag" on Hannah's blog Hannah Heartss
I decided I'd give it a go as there's no harm trying to get yourself into the spirit of things even more!
So if you're not in a festive mood yet - which, let's face it, you should be! It's Christmas eve! Hopefully this will help!





What are you usually up to on Christmas eve?

Christmas is going to be very different for me this year, the last six Christmas eve's I spent with my boyfriend, having a cosy night together watching Christmas films maybe wrapping last minute presents and eating junk food. We broke up back in October so this year I'll be making my own new traditions!

Who do you spend your Christmas day with?

Up until this year, it was with my ex's family and we'd spend New Year with mine, but this year I'll be spending it with my Dad, younger brother and my best friend Donna who is staying with us this year.

Do you enjoy giving or receiving gifts?

I enjoy both equally, I find I love giving gifts a lot more the older I'm getting. 
I don't give to receive gifts, but I love when people think enough of me to spend time picking and wrapping something for me. It makes you feel special. 
I think that's why I put so much time and effort into getting other people's gifts, I want them to know that they're loved and appreciated. There's nothing better than seeing someones face when they open the gift you gave them!

What does your outfit consist of on Christmas day?

Usually I buy new clothes for Christmas, I didn't this year though I did want a Christmas jumper but couldn't find one I loved! So I'm unsure of what I'll be wearing.
 I do make an effort on Christmas day, though I don't leave the house you can guarantee I'll be as dolled up as I can be!

Do you enjoy shopping for your loved ones gifts?

Oops! Kind of answered this already in the second question! But yes - I love doing it! :)

Have you ever received a gift you didn't like but pretended you did?

I can honestly say there's nothing I haven't liked that Ive been given! 
Not even that time my brother wrapped up a packet of Rolo's and gave me them as a Christmas present ha ha! It was all he could afford at the time as he was only 10 or 11 but it was funny and very sweet!

What would your ideal Christmas be?

Spending time with my family, eating Christmas dinner, watching films and eating junk food in front of a fire - heaven!

What is your least favourite thing about Christmas?

How stressed people get over it! I remember people being a lot more relaxed about Christmas when I was younger and it's only in recent years I've noticed how crazy people get. It's a time for relaxing and being happy not a time for making yourself ill with stress!

What is the best gift you have ever received?

There's so many! Most memorable from when I was younger are my Nokia 3310, which was my first phone and probably the most excited i'd ever been about anything because I didn't even ask for it and didn't expect it because I knew it was expensive so I was so surprised!  Other memorable ones are my game boy colour and my big teddy Nelly who is an elephant, my oldest sister got her for me when I was 5 or 6 and I still have her! 
More recently, I'd say last year when someone really surprised me and bought me a lot of the make up I was after, still can't believe he actually went up to an Urban Decay counter and knew what he was looking for! ha ha

If you could choose one person to spend Christmas with who would it be and why? 

I don't really know who I'd choose. I'm more than happy to spend Christmas with my Dad and brother, the only thing that would make it better is if my two sisters and my niece and nephew were living in Ireland too, because I'm sure they'd be there too!

I tag anyone who wants to do this tag! Leave a comment with a link to your tag below if you do it so myself and others can take a look!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! 

:)


6 comments:

  1. Great tag post x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'll be quite nice for you to have a different Christmas to what you normally have. Change is good and I'm sure that you'll have an amazing day with your family.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag! Haha I would have been beyond happy being gifted Rolos too, so sweet! Merry Christmas Molly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda! I'm sure I will, looking forward to bringing back old traditions and making new ones! Merry Christmas! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out to be one of the most memorable gifts I received! I laugh everytime I think of it! lol
    Thank you very much Natalie, a merry Christmas to you too! X

    ReplyDelete

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...