Monday 16 December 2013

Stila In The Light Palette


Stila In The Light Palette

It may have been a long time since you've seen a new post from me, honestly, I have no excuse really. I'm just really lacking in motivation lately for whatever reason.
 Over the last week however, I have  had a few occasions to dig through my make up stash and doll myself up for, and it made me excited and interested in something again, and most of all it made me want to blog again!

I purchased Stila's In the Light palette 6 or 7 months ago, and while I liked it when I bought it, I had so many palettes I loved at the time that it got little use at the time. 
I pulled it out of my palette stash over the weekend and kicked myself for not using it more, as it deserves a lot of love!

Inside the palette, also - hello knees! :)

Stila's palettes are teeny tiny and can fit in a normal sized make up bag with room to spare, so they're good for travel, though the cardboard packaging is a nightmare for attracting finger prints and dust it is sturdy enough and holds up well.
The palette has 10 neutral shadows, with a decent mix of mattes and shimmer finishes. There's a good selection shade wise too, with lighter champagne shades including Stila's famous Kitten eyeshadow which is really stunning, to peachy browns and even a blue/grey shade and an amazing matte black. 
The palette also comes with a Stila Smudge stick in Damsel, which is a brown waterproof liner, which is my go to liner for the last 6 months, its seriously amazing and worth buying the palette for for just the liner!

A Closer look at the shadows

Swatches: Top row, L-R: Bare, (not visible) Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone, Bottom row, L-R: Bubbly, Gilded gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony and Smudgestick in Damsel.


The shadows are soft, pigmented and easy to work with, with the exception of Gilded gold, which I find to be very dry and badly pigmented but I'm unsure if mine is a dud shadow or not as I've seen swatches on other blogs where it looks very different to mine.
You can get a ton of looks from this palette, from a really soft neutral eye for day time to a deep smoky look with the darker shades in the palette. There are also a few shadows in here like Sunset, that are good for one shadow looks.

I'm really enjoying this palette and how versatile it is, I also think it gives Urban Decay's Naked palettes a run for their money, and its at a good price point too, being between ridiculously expensive (I'm looking at you UD!) and between being dirt cheap, so if you cant afford to splash out on high end for neutrals, but want something better than drugstore this could be the way to go as it's around the €25 mark. I believe I bought mine from Feel Unique but I'm sure you can buy it in other places too.

Hope you're all keeping well! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always take the time to read and reply to all comments, so please leave one I love hearing from you all!

Do leave a link to your blog so we can all take a look but follow for follow comments are annoying and will more than likely be deleted. Please note that all innapropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...